The Courts are gradually reopening in New York.
As of today the Courts are handling certain cases by telephone/skype as follows:
The Nassau County Supreme Court is hearing Medical Malpractice, Asbestos, Tort, Commercial part, Matrimonial and Mental Health Articles 8l and 9).
The Suffolk County Supreme Court is hearing the following:
1. Mental Hygiene Law (MHL) applications and hearings addressing patient retention or release
2. MHL hearings addressing the involuntary administration of medication and other medical care
3. Newly filed MHL applications for an assisted outpatient treatment (AOT) plan
4. Emergency applications in guardianship matters
5. temporary orders of protection (including but not limited to matters involving domestic violence)
6. emergency applications related to the coronavirus
7. emergency Election Law applications
8. extreme risk protection orders (ERPO)
Bankruptcy Courts are hearing cases by telephone only, including appearances before the Court and 341 creditors’ meetings. We will update the Court actions as needed.